The new year represents an opportunity for a fresh start. It is the reason why we make New Year’s resolutions and set goals to improve ourselves or our lives. Many lists include losing weight, spending more time outdoors and eating healthy greens, but now is also the time to make some beauty resolutions and add them to your daily routines. Make sure they are sustainable, what’s the point of setting unrealistic targets, bound to fail?
Wear sunscreen every day
If you’re going to have only one beauty resolution this year, it should be to wear sunscreen every day. Sunscreen protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, preventing premature ageing. Revere doctors are recommending to apply it every day, even during the cold and cloudy months. Whilst it may not reverse the effects of ageing, it will certainly help prevent further damage.
Drink more water
Nearly all of our systems do not function as well without the proper water intake. Post-festive weeks are particularly difficult for our bodies and often result in dehydration. Carry a bottle of water with you to make sure you drink the recommended amount of two litres per day. The sufficient intake of water will flush out bacteria, prevent headaches, improve joints, make your skin glow and ensure proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Dr Sach Mohan likes to check his water intake at the beginning and end of the day, as most ‘hunger pangs’ are actually signs of dehydration.
Get to know your skin
After so many years living in our skin, we may think we know it inside out. It’s worth checking some key facts. Do you know if your skin is dry, oily or a combination of both? Is your skin sensitive? Consult an expert dermatologist or cosmetic physician to find out for sure, and you will then be able to choose the right products and cosmetic procedures suited for your specific needs.
Get a good night’s sleep
A good night’s rest is often considered as a pillar of health. Sleep is an ‘on’ switch for the natural circadian rhythm that our body needs. Early in the night time sleep cycle, people typically have a surge in growth hormone, which helps repair and rebuild body tissues like muscle and bone. It’s also proven that skin cells regenerate faster at night than during the day so catching your ‘beauty sleep’ is an integral step to keeping your skin youthful and radiant.
Diet with care
Attempts to get back into the dress that ‘fitted before Christmas’ result in many commencing extreme diets. However, few consider the effects that such plans can have on our health. Try to consider less drastic lifestyle changes this New Year. Exercising regularly, not just at the beginning of the year, will help to maintain your body weight. If some stubborn fat refuses to shift, you may consider CoolSculpting – the non-invasive treatment that freezes unwanted fat cells and eliminates them for good.
New Year’s resolutions may not happen all in one moment. Take one step at a time towards your dreams and remember that Revere Clinics are here to help you.
- Revere Clinics featured in Tatler’s Beauty and Cosmetic Surgery Guide March 3, 2017
- Thinking of having dermal fillers? Here’s what you need to know before booking the procedure. February 10, 2017
- New Year – Improved You January 10, 2017
- Looking for a cure for skin redness and rosacea? December 20, 2016
- Revere Clinic in Northwood is celebrating its three year anniversary November 15, 2016
- Liposuction, 3D Lipo, Vaser Lipo, Vanquish, SculpSure or Coolsculpting – what to choose? October 13, 2016
- CoolSculpting journey of the Body Fixers’ star Alex Henry September 16, 2016
- Protect your skin this summer – beauty tips from Revere Clinics July 21, 2016
- CoolSculpting, the world’s leading non-surgical fat reduction treatment got even “cooler”. June 13, 2016
- Revere Clinics fully supports new General Medical Council regulations June 3, 2016
- Small tweaks make a big difference May 19, 2016
- Revere is behind Kelly Brook’s natural look April 28, 2016
- Thank you Dr Mohan for getting rid of my acne August 12, 2015
- How Dr Mohan used Hyalase to correct my dermal fillers August 6, 2015
- What makes us beautiful? July 10, 2014
- Dr Sach Mohan talks about celeb favourite facial, Endymed. May 6, 2014
- Goodbye Microdermabrasion, hello HYDRAFACIAL. April 23, 2014
- Shelley Williams, founder of The Anti Ageing Show talks about being Revere’d. February 28, 2014
- Talking about Fat Reduction and NEW technology in body contouring and skin tightening February 19, 2014
- How to avoid The Trout Pout February 13, 2014
- Talking about The Non Surgical Nose Job with Dr Sach Mohan February 8, 2014